[bookport] introduction and appreciation

  • From: "Ann Lemke" <alemke2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 22:09:07 -0600

Hi Bookport Listers,

Someone mentioned this list to me, so I decided I definitely needed to join.

I'm a counselor at a community college in El Paso, Texas, where I've worked for
almost 30 years.  I don't own a great deal of technology--I've got a couple of
young adult daughters, so you know where my money has gone--and so you can
imagine my delight, when a dear friend of mine surprised me with a bookport for
Christmas.  What I didn't know was that within a couple of short months, I
wouldn't be able to leave the house without my bookport.

Now for the appreciation: I had purchased the bookport key from RFBD and had
ordered some books.  I was able, seemingly, to activate they key but couldn't
transfer portions of books from the computer to the bookport.  I called RFBD,
talked to a bookport owner friend, and had a sighted coworker observe me going
through the registration process with the RFBD key a second time.  Finally, I
called APH technical support.  Pamela was fantastic.  Though I must have
appeared to be clueless, she talked me through the process again and, after
reformatting the flash drive, it was successful!  I just can't say enough about
how helpful and patient and matter-of-fact Pamela was in assisting me with this
problem.

Ann Lemke, Ph.D., Counselor
Center for Students with Disabilities
El Paso Community College