[bookport] help with a .lit file.

  • From: "Shell" <sugarfoot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 09:38:08 -0000

i just thought I'd buy a couple of books in preparation for my book Port
arriving.  I bought it as a lit file, as I've never had trouble with these
before. one was quite expensive and sadly seems to have some kind of
protection on it.  I tried to turn it into text using abc lit converter, but
it won't do it and comes up with an error.  If I open it using microsoft
reader, my speech software, (Hal) won't read it either.  Is there anything I
can do to read this book?  It's very disappointing when I paid so much for
it.  I got it from ebooks.com, has anyone dealt with them before over this
kind of issue?
Are there other ebook sites where this happens.
Thanks,
Shell.