[bookport] Re: freeing a locked buffer

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 09:30:21 -0400

Kurt:

Remove the flash card, do a Reset with 2 plus b. Then, insert the card again,
followed immediately by the reformat command.

If you still can't reformat, try going into the Command prompt under Windows by
going to the Accessories option in the Programs menu and selecting Command

Then, try typing in the command
chkdsk followed by the letter of your Book Port.  So, for example, if your Book
Port appears as the f drive, you'd type in:

chkdsk f:

It'll let you know if the card is bad, or if it can fix the problem.

When you're finnished, type in the word "exit" to return to normal.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> blsmass@xxxxxxxx 08/10/07 05:57PM >>>
What do I do about this, freeing a locked buffer.  I can't even format
the card?  Suggestions?  When was that new bookport coming out again?
Kurt