[bookport] flash cards and flash card case

  • From: DanFlasar@xxxxxxx
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2007 17:46:55 EST

Hi,
    It is a really *BAD* idea to put any kind of tape at all  on a flash card
because there is a chance of getting the adhesive from the tape  into the
slot which can ruin the reading electronics.  Some  years ago  I bought a nice
plastic closable case that holds 4 flash cards.  It's about  the size of a pack
of cigarettes but about half the thickness. The inside of the  case has a
thick foam rubber lining with places for the cards carved out. The  case snaps
shut, is waterproof and will actually float.  Ver n ice.   Unfortunately, I
don't
remember the manufacturer.  I bought it at a camera  store so if you call a
local shutterbug shop up and asked what is available, you  can get some product
names and search for them on the web.
Dan

http://www.aol.com.