[bookport] Re: changing excel to word

  • From: "Cliff & Tina" <cfry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 17:14:49 -0500

Hi,
Start up Word.  Choose open from the file menu.  Tab to the file types and
arrow down until you get to Excel file types.  Shift tab two times to get in
to the list of files and arrow to the Excel file you wish to convert.  Tab
to the open button and press enter.  If the proper file converter is
installed, you may get a message about this file type could be unsafe.  Tell
Word you want to open it anyway.  The file will be shown as a table in Word.
You can then save it with the DOC extension.  If the file converter is not
installed, you will be told and asked if you want to install it.  Press
enter on the yes button.  You probably will be asked to put your office CD
in and click OK.  After that, the converter will be installed and you can
proceed as above.
Cliff