[bookport] Re: brailling on the bookport

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 15:06:58 -0400

There are two that function as the SPACEBAR. They're the two keys in the
center of the bottom row. The keyboard layout is given in the manual and is
as follows:

To use the braille keyboard, turn Book Port 90 degrees from its normal
operating position, so the compact flash card faces toward your body. When
the unit is in this position, think of it now having three rows of keys and
six columns in each row. The top row contains the traditional braille keys.
The two middle keys on the bottom row act as the Space. (You may use either
one of them for Space.) Immediately left of Space is Backspace, and
immediately right of Space is Delete. The far left key on the bottom row is
braille dot seven, and the far right key is dot eight. The middle row
contains these keys (from left to right: Escape, Left Arrow, Up Arrow, Down
Arrow, Right Arrow, and Enter.