[bookport] (bookport) - MP3 now white noise

  • From: "Julia Cosgrove (Mrs.)" <j.cosgrove@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:57:18 +0100

Hello

I had my new Book Port in the middle of July for my birthday.  It is a lovely
machine.  I loaded in quite a lot of files to read on holiday and also some
MP3s.  The stereo sound of the MP3s was good and very much surprised us.

Unfortunately, one evening when I plugged the Book Port into a friend's
speaker, the MP3s all changed to white noise.  I did notice that, at the end of
some of the files, where it fades out, the sound of the music was there
although at half speed or something similar.  Just before this, I had deleted
some memo files and I wonder if this had something to do with it.

I tried taking the batteries out for a few seconds but this did not work.  I
also tried reloading the MP3s, with music checkd or unchecked and also through
IE but to no avail.  This also seemed to affect my .doc files which would then
not read.  I have since reinstalled the .doc files which now work.

Any suggestions?

--
Julia Cosgrove (Mrs.)<j.cosgrove@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>