[bookport] Re: bookport Digest V5 38

  • From: "Yerba Bruja" <yerbabruja@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 19:45:42 -0500

Hmm, I did that last summer when I was going on vacation and when I got back I had about two hundred messages from the list.

Marta
----- Original Message ----- From: "chase crispin" <chase.crispin@xxxxxxxxx>
From: "Amber Wallenstein" <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookport] error message
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 20:47:18 -0500

I am getting an odd error message.  I had my bookport in my jacket
pocket
and it was loc ked.  I tried to unlock it but when I did, I got the
following message: FS can't initialize device, and the card says it is
empty.
What do I do about this? Did I lose all  of my data?
Amber
Book blog:
consented to my own ruin, to your ruin, and to the ruin of our children.
give
John Adams
E-Mail: amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx

------------------------------

From: "Amber Wallenstein" <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookport] what I've tried
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:01:45 -0500

For my problem, I have tried the following:
Reset the bookport by pressing 2 and B. Same message.
Tried a different flash card, same message.
I plugged in the bookport and it is not recognized by the computer.
I have looked at the flash card and everything seems to be present
there.
I have removed the batteries and put them back in.
Any other thoughts?

From: buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Buhrow)
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 18:14:22 -0800
Subject: [bookport] Re: error message

Hello.  This means the first sector of the flash card is
uninitialized.  The easiest way to recover is to reformat the card,
using
the 4 corner keys at the same time.  If you have a lot of data on there
that yould like to try and save, take the card out, put it in a card
reader
on your windows machine, and run
format /mbr e:
or what ever drive the card shows up as on your Windows box from a
command
window.

With luck, this will initialize the boot block of the flash card,
while preserving the contents of the rest of the flash card.
Hope this helps.
-Brian

On Feb 19,  8:47pm, "Amber Wallenstein" wrote:
} This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
}
} ------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C87338.9DE0FE30
}
=
} the following message: FS can't initialize device, and the card says
it =
} is empty. =20
} What do I do about this? Did I lose all  of my data?
} Amber
} Book blog:
} http://community.livejournal.com/book_cuddler/
} I have accepted a seat in the House of Representatives, and thereby
have =
} consented to my own ruin, to your ruin, and to the ruin of our
children. =
} I give
} you this warning that you may prepare your mind for your fate.
} John Adams
} E-Mail: amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx
}
} ------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C87338.9DE0FE30
}
} <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
} <HTML><HEAD>
} <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
} charset=3Diso-8859-1">
} <META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.3268" name=3DGENERATOR>
} <STYLE></STYLE>
} </HEAD>
} <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
} <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am getting an odd error =
} message.&nbsp; I had my=20
} bookport in my jacket pocket and it was loc ked.&nbsp; I tried to
unlock =
} it but=20
} when I did, I got the following message: FS can't initialize device,
and =
} the=20
} card says it is empty.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
} <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>What do&nbsp;I do about this? Did I =
} lose all&nbsp;=20
} of my data?</FONT></DIV>
} <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Amber</FONT></DIV>
} <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Book blog:<BR><A=20
}
href=3D"http://community.livejournal.com/book_cuddler/";>http://community.=
} livejournal.com/book_cuddler/</A><BR>I=20
} have accepted a seat in the House of Representatives, and thereby have
=
} consented=20
} to my own ruin, to your ruin, and to the ruin of our children. I =
} give<BR>you=20
} this warning that you may prepare your mind for your fate.<BR>John=20
} Adams<BR>E-Mail: <A=20
}
href=3D"mailto:amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx";>amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx</A><BR></=
} FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
}
} ------=_NextPart_000_0003_01C87338.9DE0FE30--
}
}
-- End of excerpt from "Amber Wallenstein"

------------------------------

From: "Robert Clark" <rclark0276@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookport] Re: what I've tried
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 18:16:52 -0800

Leave the batteries out for a day.  See if that helps.

*---*  *---*  *---*  *---*  *---*
"I think there should be something in science called the "reindeer
effect."
I don't know what it would be, but I think it'd be good to hear someone
say,

"Gentlemen, what we have here is a terrifying example of the reindeer
effect."
--Jack Handey
Robert & Dreamer Doll  ke7nwn
Newport, Oregon
N24C 3G 8/2000 Hookup
rclark0276@xxxxxxxxxxx
http://webpages.charter.net/dog_guide/

------------------------------

From: "Amber Wallenstein" <amber.wallens@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:28:08 -0500

Brian:
I tried everything you suggested, with no luck. I still get the same
error
message.

Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:18:26 -0600
From: William Stephan <wstephan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [bookport] Seek failed error.

All:

I recently downloaded an albem from amazon.com.

Whenever I press the movement keys within songs on this albem, I get a
"seek
failed", error.  Anybody know why this should be happening?

Also, I loaded this onto a card using "my computer", if I use the BP
transfer software, will it somehow mark the files so I can use the
movement
keys?

Thanks in advance for any enlightenment.

End of bookport Digest V5 #38