[bookport] Re: [bookkeepert] Re: improvements to transfer program

  • From: "Angie Matney" <armatney@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 16:01:53 -0400

Hello Rob,

Would there be a way to allow non-encrypted files to be pre-analyzed and sent
that way? Maybe the user could get an
error message if they tried to send an encrypted file while the BP was not
connected.

Alternately, does the BP need to be connected during the entire transfer
process for the encryption to work? Would it be
possible, for example, to require that the BP be connected initially for the
transfer software to get whatever info it needs
to do the encryption? Then a message could follow that it was safe to remove
the BP, so that the user could go on
about their business.

I am truly glad to see the way that support for unindexed mp3 files has
improved. So maybe there really isn't an issue
with unencrypted files anymore.

Angie