[bookport] Re: book wizard is crashing my computer

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 14:06:01 -0400

Kassandra:

Here's what's supposed to happen:   When you run Book Wizard on your
PC, you should hear speech telling you that you have a demo version and
asking if you want to register the program.  There should also be tabs
for Yes and No.  If you press "No," then the program will run for 15
minutes.  So, with that said, are you hearing any speech at all when you
start the program?  If you're running any fire walls or virus
protection, you might try running it with the things turned off and see
if that makes a difference.  If it does, then it's just a case of
telling the virus program or fire wall that it is okay to grant this
program access.  The check for Updates option might be kicking in,
causing that interference, causing the fire wall to pop up.  Also, if
you have more than one voice running with your screenreader,
particularly if you are using JAWS, you might experiment with
eliminating some of the extra voices--for instance, if you use a
different voice for your keyboarding, you might set that one to be the
same as the one you'd use for the PC cursor and see if that allows the
self voicing in Book Wizard Reader to come on.  Or, if it's easier, try
running the program with JAWS turned off and see if you get speech.  If
you do, then we can talk about configuring it to be in sleep mode.  But,
enough information for now.  Let's work with this.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> Kassyp36@xxxxxxx 07/25/06 01:07PM >>>
Well my subject says it all.  The program interacts well with the
bookport,
but otherwise, when it gets opened, it crashes my system so that
nothing
else works.  Is there something that I need to do?  Can someone please
help?
Thank you!

Kasondra Payne

7/24/2006