[bookport] Re: book port question

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 09:55:20 -0400

Crystal:

It sounds like your BookShare book doesn't have any page mark-up in it. =
Some do; some don't.

As for the Braille, turn the unit so the flash card is facing you. At that =
point, the six keys at the top are the Braille keys. On the next row down, =
Enter is the right-most key and Escape is the left-most key. On the bottom =
row, space is either of the two middle keys. Note: you must use the left =
space to enter find mode. That is, left space+F will do it.

Rob Meredith

>>> KeeperDog@xxxxxxx 10/06/04 10:35PM >>>
Hi, I just got my Book Port last Wednesday and I have two questions.
The manual said when the machine is reading, keys 7 and 9 move by page.
This feature is not working so far. Does it only work when reading certain
formats? I am reading a book I got from BookShare. The machine just beeps
when I press the 7 or 9 key.

Also, which keys make up the braille keys, the space bar, and the enter
key? I couldn't tell when reading the manual.
Thank you,
Crystal