[bookport] book choices

  • From: "Kurt E. Yount" <blsmass@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 21:36:11 -0800

If you like older stuff try
www.gutenberg.net
www.blackmask.com
and for some interesting australian stuff and American stuff still in
copyright try
http://gutenberg.net.au/plusfifty.html
Also, if you are willing to pay for some mysteries I really doubt you
have read go to black mask, listed above, and look for Fredric Brown.
You will pay 99 cents per book.  They also have a free section of dime
novels, pulp fiction, mysteries and much other material not on Gutenberg.
 It is old, but unless you want Fredric Brown it is free.  You would be
surprised what authors have written that we as blind people, and maybe
sighted people as well, never knew about.  As already mentioned, the
bookport CD has lots of old material, and there is a surprising amount of
material that you might very well enjoy if you look into it.  There is
always Charles Dickens, Russian novels, and go to Gutenberg and read Les
Miserables or war and peace, if you are really ambitious.  I know that
isn't new, but there is lots out there.  Kurt