[bookport] Re: a few questions

  • From: Pamela Rader <prader@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 08:31:22 -0400

Hi Simon:

Some of these issues are software related.  We do not support files any lower
than what you are trying to play.  As for the switching files problem, this is
due to too many files in a particular folder.  It could also happen if you have
too many files in your root folder.  However, since you mention playing MP3
files, then it's probably a particular folder.  Try deleting some of the files
in that folder or moving them to a different one and the problem should go
away.  If the problem persists, then you'll need to reformat the card.

Some generic brands of batteries are shaped differently, so that could explain
the problem.  Another possibility is that your contacts are bent and don't make
connection.  However, if a certain brand works all of the time, it is probably
not that.

Your Headphone Jack could be dirty, or it could be pushed in, which can happen
over time, especially if your headphones have heavy plugs on them, or if you
carry it in a case, with the headphones plugged in.

If you want to have that repaired, the fee is $65.

Pamela