[bookport] Web Spider Re-write

  • From: Emai7s <emai7s@xxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 06:34:54 +0200

I'd also like to add my vote of encouragement to putting the web
spider at the highest possible priority on the development list.  If
the spider worked reliably, it would be a very valuable tool.

I agree that fixing the Web Spyder should be given priority - it works brilliantly on a few sites, but not at all on most sites, making a potentially valuable tool pretty useless. I'd love to be able to use it for sites such as the New York Times, the Washington Post and the International Herald Tribune.

One thing I'd like to see on the Spyder rewrite list is the suppression of images while text is being downloaded - the process would be much faster without the Spyder unnecessarily downloading and opening all the images it encounters, which is currently the case.

Peter