[bookport] Re: Volume problems

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 06:32:08 -0600

Are you using the newest beta firmware?  If so, this may be a bug.

At 06:04 PM 2/15/2006, you wrote:
Hi,

I am having a strange problem with my new book port. When I am playing a Audible book and press the 2 key to stop reading. More often than not when I try to increase the volume so I can hear double talk say the battery levels or position in the current book I can only raise the volume a little bit then the voice goes silent or get garbled. The way I correct the problem is to switch to the book port text file on the BP and start reading it. I can then adjust the volume as loud as necessary to listen. Going back to the Audible book and reading it for awhile and then pressing 2 to pause reading then adjusting the volume again to hear the position in the book or battery levels results in the same strange behavior with the double talk voice. My battery level is currently 60+ % so I doubt the batteries are getting low and affecting the audio output of the BP. Can anyone help me out with this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

=====

My darkness has been filled with the light of intelligence, and behold, the outer day-lit world was stumbling and groping in social blindness.
Author:
Helen Keller

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218