[bookport] Uninstalling and then re-installing BP T

  • From: <petrakigianos-giasou@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 11:03:05 -0700 (PDT)

I went ahead and did the uninstall of BP Transfer application.

A few comments of mine and only my opinion.

When minimizing BP T it shouldn't cover up parts of your
desktop. How many other applications do you know of that do this
sort of thing. With the blocked desktop icons I know I can open
them and then minimized them to the task bar in case I need to
use them before opening BP T and then minimizing it.

After uninstalling BP T and the Book Wizard Reader via the
method you choose - Use Control Panel's Add/Remove.

I then know to go to the :Progrma Files\APH folder and delete it
with the delete key.

It wouldn't let me delete this folder due to a file still being
used or running: bpl.exe - I believe this was the BP Launcher. I
then turned off my pc and restarted it. This did the trick. I
also looked at my Start, All Programs, Start Up folder to see if
the BP L was still there. It was not there before restarting my
computer nor after booting up so I then deleted the Program
Files\APH folder.

Went to Recycle Bin and deleted the folder.

I then cleaned out my temp and temp internet file folders.

I then downloaded the 16.1 mb BP T 2.1 file to my external hard
drive. Did the install with all defaults as is.

The BP device was recognized and software works as before but do
not know about the Spyder nor send to via a website which was my
issues before doing all this.

Any comments or opinions are welcomed.
Petro