[bookport] Re: Turning off beep when locked

  • From: David Justice <dljustice@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 16:41:49 -0400

Possible, though not very likely. This thread does bring up an interesting thought. If you are going to be away from a power outlet for some time, best to take a Book Port and some inexpensive AA batteries rather than one of the other players. Too bad everyone seems to be going to the expensive proprietary rechargable batteries.

  David Justice

At 01:08 AM 6/23/2009, you wrote:
on even when it is in my bag because if it is beeping all the time, it is
an indication that it needs to be repacked so that its keys aren't being
bumped so often.  Every time a  key is bumped, the unit turns on, and,
eventually, after enough bumps, the battery will either run down or the
magic reset bookport key sequence will get pressed, and then the unit will
unlock, and you'll find yorself listening to heaven knows what when you
next go to read.  All that will happen even if the beep is turned off, but
you won't know until you go to read that the battery is dead.  Just a
thought.
-Brian
On Jun 22,  9:10pm, "Kramlinger, Keith G., M.D." wrote:
} Subject: [bookport] Re: Turning off beep when locked
} Thanks.
}
} I must be lowing it. I cycled through those options a dozen times and
} didn't hear it. But as soon as you pointed it out...there it was!
}
} Thanks again.
}
Sender: bookport-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx