[bookport] Troubleshooting transferring file

  • From: "Barbara" <bcorner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 17:47:35 -0500

Rob,
I've copied your questions below and answered them:
Did you unplug the Book Port
between sending the batches of files?  Yes
Or, did it work for a bit, then
suddenly stop working while still connected?
I don't think so..I think what happened was that I was able to send one
document from the Internet to Bookport, but it wouldn't send the next or
subsequent documents.
If you are using Windows XP, do you always hear the device connection
sound when plugging in the Book Port?
I believe so..sometimes I get an error message that there is something wrong
with the USB device.
Does Book Port Transfer open when you plug in the Book Port?
No..I opened it manually.
Does the Book Port always appear as a drive in My Computer, even when
the Book Port Transfer says it is not connected?
No..it doesn't appear as a drive.

I have tried it with both of my flash cards, and with both of my USB cables.
I reformated one flash card and it still won't transfer.
Yesterday I received a message that the batteries were low while attempting
to transfer..so I replaced them and it still won't work.
When the problem first started I couldn't transfer with the USB port I'd
used the day before..so I transferred the cable to the other port and it
worked fine for a few days.  Now the bookport drive isn't recognized on
either port in Window's Explorer.
What happened to change it from working to not working?
What type of PCI -USB card works with the bookport?
Please help as I love it when it is working..but not being able to transfer
files is depressing!
Thanks!