[bookport] Trouble: Book Port Transfer

  • From: "Crystal French" <raincrow@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 16:29:42 -0500

Yes, here I am, again.

I installed the Book Port Transfer program, seemingly, without any problem,
system running XP Home, sp 2.

Later, I connected the BP, heard the familiar chime, and heard, "new
hardware found" dialog.

The Book Port Transfer program did not open, automatically, but I'm not sure
if it is supposed to, or not.

When it did open, I heard a buzz.  I attempted to transfer a file, and got a
message that the BP was not connected.

I went into my computer, and the BP showed there as removeable disk E, and
seemed to show, no problem.

I tried opening Book Port Transfer, again, same result.

I tried an alt+tab, but then the program stopped responding.

I shut down, rebooted, and tried again, and again, with the same result each
time.

I tried connecting the Book Port to another USB port, but still the same.

One thing that seems to happen,when I plug the Book Port in, is that I hear
a dialog saying something about autoplay, and a percentage.

The computer sees the BP when it is plug in, but as soon as the program
opens, every time, the buzz, which seems to disconnect the Book Port, so the
program doesn't work.

Is there some setting in the Book Port Transfer that needs to be changed?

Also, when I disconnect the BP from the USB cable, it says, "Book Port 2.1
ready."

Any suggestions, please?

Crystal