[bookport] Re: Transferring from KES

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 08:22:16 -0400

Gary:

The ability to send some file formats is really a convenience. The basic =
file understood by the device is a custom marked text file, so any text =
file will go. RTF files are not treated specially; they require MS Word, =
and are a convenience since you could simply export them to text with Word =
and send them to the Book Port.

Word files are not treated specially.

Braille files are translated, and an attempt is made to determine the =
starting page number.

The only file formats with potentially precise mark-up are Digital Talking =
Books (text or audio.)

>>> gwunder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 09/02/04 12:03PM >>>
On the new K1000 version 9 Send To menu, I see Book Port and
under options I see information can either be sent as TXT or KES.
Does the BP really handle KES files or is their a conversion to
something other than TXT?

Assuming I have a choice of transfer formats, which one generally
preserves formatting for best navigation with the Book Port -
TXT, RTF, etc.?

Gary Wunder
gwunder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=20