[bookport] Transferring DAISY books

  • From: "Cheryl" <Dashman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 16:28:09 -0400

Hi guys,
     I'll probably feel really silly when I hear the answer to this question,
but here goes, anyway.
     I wanted to start experimenting with DAISY books.  Right now, the only
books I have in DAISY are the JAWS training materials.  When I try to transfer
them to the BP using the transfer software, the DAISY navigation files come up
as not being supported.  When I go through Windows explorer, all the files show
up, but the only ones that will play are the MP3s, and they clearly aren't
indexed in any way, because the navigation commands (when not announcing "seek
failed") act as they do for the new audio navigation features that were added
recently.
     Book Wizard Reader finds and reads the DTBs just fine.  What am I doing
wrong?
     Any suggestions are appreciated.
Cheryl