[bookport] Time Spider Takes

  • From: "Eric StevenS" <sseric57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 19:22:33 -0500

I am running Spider on a page with over 700 links.  Maybe excessive, I'm
sure.  Those links may have links in them, too.  It is a site with stories.

It has been running for over five hours now.  I hear something that sounds
like corn popping and occasionally a string pluck, like the sound of
incoming mail.

Does this seem overly long?  I hate to stop it to find it was 99% finished.
I can Alt-tab past Spider, but if I try to stop there, JAWS locks up.

Will appreciate any ideas and will report on the outcome.