[bookport] Re: The Braille keyboard

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 08:28:55 -0400

Actually, this is easier to think of if you don't try to associate the =
traditinoal key with the braille key.  Let's try this:

Once your device is in braille input mode, you now have three rows of =
keys.  Each row has six columns. =20

The top row is the 6 dot layout that we are all familiar with.

The two middle keys in the bottom row act as the Space key.  Immediately =
left and right of space are Backspace and Delete.  All the way to the left =
on the bottom row is braille dot 7 and all the way on the right is braille =
dot 8.

The middle column contains, from left to right, esc, left, up, down, =
right, and Enter.

Does that help looking at it that way?

>>> annakb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Friday, September 17, 2004 8:16:29 AM >>>
 From the manual:

To use the braille keyboard, turn Book Port 90 degrees from its normal=20
operating position, so the compact flash card faces toward your body.

The braille input keyboard looks like this:
3
2
1
4
5
6
Esc
Left
Up
Down
Right
Enter
7
BackSpace
Space
Space
8

So I've turned BP 90 degrees.  I start, then with what used to be the =
'D'=20
key (on the d-e-f row) and it becomes dot 3, with f becoming dot 1?

3=3Dd
2=3De
1=3Df
4=3Da
5=3Db
6=3Dc

I know this is a wonderful and clever idea, but I befuddle=20
easily.  following this list, the dot 8 key is 3?
Space is either 1 or 6?

Or am I reversing something?  sorry to be so upside-down.

ann