[bookport] Re: Spyder

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 08:55:28 -0500

Hello:

As Larry has often indicated, they are working on re-developing BP
Spyder. Though the information about Spyder is located in the manual,
perhaps these instructions will help. I've never used that feature, but
another coworker passed this along and I thought it might be helpful, as
this seems to be a little clearer.

Sending web pages with Spyder:

Start BP Spyder from "Context Menu" or Desktop icon
In the "Links list" (Alt + L), find the last link you want to send
Tab to the "End" button and hit "Space Bar"
send
Tab to the "Go" button
Sounds and window indicate progress

Creating a shortcut in Spyder:

In a frequently used webpage, select the first and last links you wish
to send using the "Begin" and "End" buttons respectively
Tab down to the "Create shortcut" button and hit "Space Bar"
Type the name of the shortcut in the "Edit" box and hit "OK"
An icon appears in your desktop, for instance, "Spyder -APH" if your
shortcut name is APH
When clicking in the Desktop icon, Spyder automatically starts
downloading the links you previously specified

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> arguza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 01/29/06 06:00AM >>>
Hello one and all:

Has anyone ever been able to successfully work with the Bookport Spyder
feature?  If so, I would appreciate any help.  I have so far had no
success with it.