[bookport] Re: Speech synthesizer

  • From: "Scott Huddleson" <hudd61@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 20:49:18 -0400

I believe it all has to do with what you are used to. Unless, of course, you have some hearing impediment. I used a dectalk for years and had problems understanding eloquence, which my girlfriend uses, until I started using it. Now it sounds perfectly clear to me. The double-talk used by Bookport sounded very strange to me at first, but after using it for more than 2 years, it even seems to have acquired voice inflection to me.

   Just a thought....

       Scott

----- Original Message ----- From: <reb503@xxxxxxxxxxxx>