[bookport] Somewhat OT, invisible disk hog--RE: Re: DAISY frustration

  • From: "Rusty Perez" <rusty.perez@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 11:23:27 -0800

Hi folks,
In trying to free up some disk space so that the bookport transfer works
happily, I looked in my "documents and settings directory." Evidently it
contains over half of what my drive contains. The problem is that when I go
in to my user directories, which supposedly contain most of the files, as I
examine each individual directory, none of them contains the amounts of data
sufficient to add up to the huge amount which the "documents and settings"
directory says it contains.
So, checking documents and settings, it says it contains 13 gb. My user
directory (rusty) says it contains nearly 13 gb, but none of the directories
in (rusty) contains enough to add up to nearly 13 gb. It's crazy!
Any thoughts?
It's set to show hidden files. I've defragged, run AddAware, virus scan. I
don't know where the data is if the directories don't add up to the right
amount.
 Sorry for the OT, but I hope some one here can write me off list with
suggestions.

Rusty

Skype: rustyperez
Yahoo and AIM: reliroo