[bookport] Re: Sending Email to Book Port

  • From: "Walt Smith" <walt@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2004 12:34:32 -0500

The one problem; and Bob needs to be aware of it; with saving text messages
this way is that none of the header information (TO:, From:, Subject:,
Date:) will be saved, only the body of the messages. Assuming the Book Port
is connected to the computer already and its assigned drive letter is known,
the following both ensures that all of the header information is captured
along with the body, but it saves a lot of keystrokes.

1. While viewing the open message, press ALT+F to open the File menu.
2. Press the letter A or arrow to Save As... and press ENTER.
3. In the dialog that comes up (the standard Windows Save As dialog), TAB
until you get to the combo box that lists the format in which the file is to
be saved. Use the DOWN ARROW to select Text.
4. TAB two or three more times until you're placed in the list of available
drives and folders. DOWN ARROW once to open this dialog, then locate the
Book Port in the list.
5. If there's a special folder where the file is to be saved, TAB a couple
of more times to the list of folders on the Book Port, locate the folder
where you want the file, and press ENTER.
6. TAB back around to the Save button and press ENTER.

The file is now saved on the BP in text format.