[bookport] Re: Robert, please help.

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 08:46:12 -0400

Hi Nancy:

I'm not Robert, but I'll be glad to try and help you.

There are 2 ways to send files through the transfer utility.

1.  Connect the Book Port to the PC.  The transfer utility should automatically
come up.  If it doesn't, it's because the BP Launcher has been removed from
startup.  If it doesn't start on its own, you can access it with the Book Port
Transfer icon on your Desktop.

2.  Use the Look In Box to select the location that you are transferring from
on the computer (the hot key to get to this is alt l.  You can also tab down to
it, but I prefer the hot key).

3.  Once you locate the file, simply press the Enter key.  You can also tab
down to the Send button, but just pressing Enter on it does the same thing and
it is quicker.

You can also open the folder in My Computer, point to the file and go to the
Context menu and choose "Send To Book Port" in the menu.

There are 2 possible explanations for this error:

1.  You copied the file onto the card, rather than going through the transfer
program.  You can only do this with MP3 audio files that you want to listen to,
provided that you don't care about navigation features, as there won't be any
if the files are copied, ,

or

2.  The file type or extension of the book is not one that is supported by Book
Port.

Hope that helps!

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx 08/19/07 02:54PM >>>
Robert,

Does it work to cut and paste an mp3 file  to book port even if it is a
book?  If that does work, will #2 still start and stop the file and then
start it again where it left off?

I thought I was trying to transfer a book from the transfer area, but got a
message that said that it hadn't been filtered.

Could I bother you to ask if you would tell me exactly what to do from the
book port area of the desktop to getting the book on the book port?  I am
still having trouble with that.

Many thanks,
Nancy

girlyscream@xxxxxxxxxxx