[bookport] Rob - Problem with BP Launching Automatically is Fixed

  • From: "Peter Torpey" <ptorpey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:57:36 -0500

Rob,

Last week we traded e-mails about a problem I was having with the BP
Transfer program not automatically launching when the BP was connected.
Just FYI, I want to let you know the problem is now fixed.

I had been having some problems with pop-up ads and SpyWare on my desktop
(since I recently took over this PC from my teenage son who now has a new
laptop!).  Although I cleaned the system every day with AdAware, Spybot,
Microsoft's beta anti-spyware program, and Norton anti-virus, I kept on
getting these nuisances and more junk every day.

Finally, I decided to bite the bullet and re-install Windows and all of my
other apps from scratch.  Now, everything works fine!

The moral: Never take over a computer once run by a teenager!

Thanks for your help.

-- Pete