[bookport] Re: Print Page Numbers in Web-Braille

  • From: "MARIO EILAND" <meiland@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 07:52:57 -0400

HI Dale,
I believe that you are referring to the following discussion.

Hi Don,

I am going to try to see if I can fix the issue without eliminating =
anything.  I am thinking since there are only 7 instances in which a#d can =
exist as suffixes, I will make these exceptions and hope that the numbers =
wil then translate properly.
   =20
Thanks,
Mario

>>> Don.Barrett@xxxxxx 04/19/04 11:47PM >>>
I am wondering if an algorithm could be developed for the translator of =
.brf
books which could eliminate the print page numbers which are often
mistranslated as they look like words.  For example, a#eg is translated as
ableeg when in reality it is simply braille page 2 of print page 57 with =
an
a in front of it.
Any thoughts?

Don

>>> drlieser@xxxxxxx 04/23/04 06:22PM >>>
A few days ago someone brought up the problem of reverse-translating the
print page numbers often found in recent additions to NLS Braille books.  =
As
I recall, the response and proposed solution included discussion of the
"dis" sign, dots 2-5-6.  If I understand the situation in question
correctly, that Braille sign is not involved, and therefore would offer
nothing toward a solution.  The print numbering I'm aware of either =
contains
a line of dashes ending with a number sign and the number, or a Taylor =
code
letter immediately followed by the number sign and components to make up =
the
digit(s).  Is there a plan in the works to fix the translation situation
I've just described?

Dale