[bookport] Re: OT: iPod Shuffle

  • From: "Angie Matney" <armatney@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:10:56 -0400

Sorry for the off-topic post, but I wanted to answer these questions onlist
since they were posted here. Also, I wanted to
invite anyone who has questions about the Shuffle to write to me privately at
armatney@xxxxxxxxxxx so as not to clutter
the BP list.

Grant asked about files and folders. Basically, with the Shuffle, you don't put
files into sub-folders, really. Blind and
sighted guys alike navigate through the Shuffle in the same way: By pressing
the "next track" key and listening to the
result.

Jim asked how to turn off the shuffle mode. There is a slide-switch on the back
that has three positions: off, order, and
shuffle. Well, I don't remember how it is actually labeled, but that is what
they are. The position closest to the headphone
jack is the off position. The middle position plays the tracks in order. The
last position shuffles the tracks.

I got my Shuffle with an audible.com membership at a discounted price, and I
think it's worth what I paid for it. I don't
actually use it for audible.com material at all, though; I save all of that for
the Book Port and use the Shuffle for music.

Later,

Angie