[bookport] New product for BP?

  • From: "Angie Matney" <matneyar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 17:04:11 -0400

OK, here's an idea for a new product that someone (APH or someone else) could
develop for the BP or BookCourier.

How about a case that is designed to fit the BP, with a special indentation for
the belt clip. Maybe you could even
connect the BP to the case with the BP's belt clip. But the bottom of the case
would be indented so that the BP would
be stable on a flat surface. I think someone on here said they made such a
thing from wood to facilitate taking notes. (I
don't know that the case would cover the front of the unit, so "case" is
probably not the best word; maybe I should call it
a backing.) Anyway, there's no reason that a custom product like this couldn't
have a small internal speaker. The cord
connecting it to the headphone jack wouldn't need to be long at all, since this
would be a custom product for the BP.
The BP could stay attached to this case so that it wouldn't be too different
from carrying around a single unit. That would
solve the stability issue and provide a small speaker.

I personally don't feel passionately about an external speaker, though I admit
it would be helpful in some situations. I do
use the TDK ImaSpeaker, which works very well for most things. But I would buy
something like this to add on to my BP.

Angie