[bookport] Re: New Beta and file information

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 08:01:23 -0500

We are working on changing this now.  Here is what we plan on doing:
Extended Statistics

2/1/2005 lskutchan
Change the way the extended statistics are announced.

Get rid of the file name and the "has been read of".  Also, express the =
file size in MB or KB if under 1 MB.

An example file would sound something like this:

3% of 500 KB on 2/1/5 locked 35 MB free.
If in the editor and on column 1 row 3, it would be

(Col 1 Row 3) 3% of 500 KB Locked 35 MB Free.

>>> r-carter@xxxxxxx Monday, February 07, 2005 8:53:40 PM >>>
Hi All,

The file information command seems to be saying one number for both the=20
cursor position and the number of free megabytes. For example, if I =
issue=20
the command at character position 145 in the file, and I have 603 =
megabytes=20
free, the new beta will announce the cursor position and free space as=20
145,603. At least, I think this is what is happening. Can anybody else=20
replicate?

It would be helpful if this file information command could either be =
broken=20
down into multiple commands or if we could have a way to review this=20
information an item at a time. There is too much information being =
spoken=20
in one chunk. What do others think?

I think this beta looks great. I am amazed at how much has been added =
to=20
what started out as a very simple editor.

Robert Carter