[bookport] Re: Memory corrupt message.

  • From: buhrow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Brian Buhrow)
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 12:08:41 -0800

        If you stick the bad cf card in a cf reader which is not the bookport,
turn on hidden files, and do a directory listing, what do you see in the
root of the card?
It sounds like the bookport thought you had part of a firmware update on
that card, and tried to upgrade itself.  This failed, and now your program
flash might be corrupt inside the bookport.

What I'd try is:

1.  Look in the root directory of the offending cf card, as I suggested
above, and see if you see any files beginning with the letters "bp".  If
so, post what they are to this list, and we'll let you know if they should
be deleted from that cf card.

2.  Try resetting the bookport with the 2+b keys and see if it comes back
to life.

3.  If those fail, take out the batteries and put the bookport on a shelf,
without its batteries, for a day.  Perhaps that will clear any corruption
that wasn't quite written to the permanent storage inside the program
flash.

4.  If that fails, break out your checkbook and pay the reasonable repair
fee APH charges to revive your device.  If it's less than a year old, the
fee is even more reasonable. :)

Good luck.  Hopefully step 3 will be as far as you need to go.