[bookport] Re: Latest Beta update

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 16:26:36 -0400

Liam:

I'm not Larry, but I think I can assist you. The reason for this is the
Firmware isn't being executed successfully--as you have guessed. The
reason for that is usually one of two things:  1. Your flash card is too
full and can't handle the execution of the firmware. It may not be
totally full, but too full to perform the requested operation; 2. Your
batteries were too weak and conked out.

In doing tech. support, I have seen this many times. A reformat of the
flash card, or using another card to do the update will solve this.

After you have reformatted or changed cards, you can re-run the
firmware by downloading the file:

www.aph.org/tech/bpx_setup.exe

Once you have downloaded that file, open it as you would any other file
from the Run dialog or Windows Explorer. The update will be sent.

Sincerely,

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> noatman1@xxxxxxxxxxx 09/08/05 03:02PM >>>

Larry,

I downloaded the new Beta .8 at the prompt I got, but it did not go
right. I
keep getting a message "announcements missing" in the settings menu and
in
the notes folder. No adjustments can be made. I also cannot read files
in
the notes folder.

Liam

http://search.msn.com/