[bookport] It's here!

  • From: "Nicki Keck" <favorite.blend@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 20:07:33 -0400

HI all,

My book Port is now here!  We got it hooked up to the USB, and it wanted to
update, so I let it.  It updated the software first and then wanted to
reboot.  Then I got an error that said I needed to have the firmware update.
It didn't seem to be updating at first.  I thought that Norton Internet
Security would not be the culprit because I had already told it to always
allow when it did the transfer update, but sure enough, there it was to
pester me again.  So I allowed it again and the update downloaded without a
hitch.  It was a neat thing how it updated and then you disconnected it to
have it do the updating.  I then downloaded a book from Bookshare and
transferred it and an MP3.  both sounded good.  I wasn't sure how I'd like
reading with Doubletalk speech, but I found it to be very clear.  I find for
some reason, that the speech on the Book Port is much clearer than it was
when I used the Roadrunner bible.  Also, it is very responsive with key
presses, which is very nice, and you don't have to press them down so hard
like you did with the Roadrunner.  Anyway, just some impressions, and I am
so excited.  It's here!  The UPS guy came with two packages.  We were
expecting one, and my husband, Merv, hesitated about the other one so I knew
it must be it.  He likes that suspense kind of thing.  Anyway, I hope
everyone else who is waiting will get their Book Ports very soon.  I ordered
mine online, so maybe that's how I got the UPS option.