[bookport] Re: Help Needed With Book Port Firmware

  • From: Pamela Rader <prader@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 13:46:19 -0500

Hi Monica:

Depending on when the unit was manufactured, your firmware version may vary.
If you have either 2.3.0 or 2.4.0 it is up-to-date.  If your number is lower
than that, you should still be able to update the firmware.  The automatic
updating is probably software. You can still check the firmware by doing the
following:

1. Be sure to have fresh batteries in the unit.
2. Connect the Book Port to the PC.
3. Go to Options and select the Advanced tab.
4. Tab down to web updates firmware and select that.

This will check for availability of firmware with what you have and let you
know what is available.

Lastly, be sure that the root of the compact flash doesn't have too many
directories on it and that you hav sufficient room.

Please let me know if you have any problems doing this.

Pamela Rader
APH Product Support