[bookport] Re: Getting rid of all that junk ...

  • From: "LARRY SKUTCHAN" <lskutchan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 09:59:42 -0400

I am totally against yahoo, because it is inaccessible when it comes to =
creating a new list.

>>> peter.rand@xxxxxxxxxxxx Friday, August 20, 2004 9:46:12 AM >>>
> The only thing we can do at APH to get rid of all that junk is to get a
> new email program or switch listserves.  We already know we don't want
> topica.com, because they put ads at the top of every message.

One other possibility would be to simply create a new group at Yahoo =
Groups=20
(http://groups.yahoo.com/start). It works pretty well, plus it has the=20
advantage of automatically creating an archive that can be searched by=20
members, so APH wouldn't have to answer the same question several =
times.=20
Members could elect to participate in a Yahoo Book Port list via email, =
like=20
they do now, or via a web-interface. Membership can also be restricted =
or=20
open to the world.=20

I don't know whether Yahoo places ads at the top of every message or not =
-=20
but in any case, it would be a small price for a free service.=20

Peter=20