[bookport] Re: Fwd: Returned mail: delivery problems encountered

  • From: "Jeremiah Z. Rogers" <jzr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:54:22 -0400

Michael,

Have you checked with Comcast, which appears to be your internet provider,
to see if the problem might be on their end? Looking at the text of the
error message you forwarded, it doesn't look as though Comcast's, or
Freelist's, servers are rejecting your message, but rather that the
messages are not being delivered in a timely enough fashion for Comcast's
servers. You might ask Comcast if they have their message time-out
settings on their SMTP servers set unusually low. Alternatively, if you
have an email account with another ISP, you might try to subscribe and
post to this list from that account to see if that doesn't solve your
problem. I've seen several posts from you regarding this issue, and never
another concurring post from anyone else, so I'm not sure whether or not
the list or its servers can be immediately eyed as the culprit of the
problems. I can't imagine you to be the only comcast address subscribed to
this list, but I can't think of others off the top of my head. See if a
bit of research with Comcast might not help with this issue. Good luck.
Jeremiah