[bookport] Re: Formattting a Compace Flash Card

  • From: "Walt Smith" <WSmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 09:54:02 -0500

It's been stated here in the past that some 4 GB cards (that's the
largest size you can use) need to be reformatted or the BP will think
that it's two 2 GB cards. The better solution is to not buy such a huge
card in the first place and to spend the same amount of money on
multiple smaller cards. If nothing else, if a smaller card goes bad; as
they can easily do; you haven't got as much money tied up in a single
item. I don't think I'd buy anything larger than 2 GB and that only if I
read a _lot_ of books from Audible or have a _lot_ of MP3 files that I
want to be able to access. I have a 1 GB card in my BP at the moment and
have something over 30 titles on it, including a couple of unabridged
Audible titles.=20