[bookport] Re: Folder size

  • From: Sandy Licht <slicht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 05:55:31 -0500

You should put approximately 20 files per folder. Much more than that, and your BP will become sluggish while navigating the folders.

At 06:18 PM 9/13/2005, you wrote:

I had been happily reading books with my Book Port's original 64 mb CF card
and never felt the need for a larger CF card before.   But, recently I
started listening to some of Larry's podcasts and enjoyed them but don't
like listening to them on my desktop computer.  I listened to several of the
smaller ones on my BP but decided to buy a 1 gb CF card so I can listen to
audio more easily.  My question is, is there a limit to how large a folder
can be on the BP?  I have heard a single file size limit of 256 mb and I
wonder if that would apply to the size of any given folder also.

Larry the podcasts sound great on the BP.  Thanks for producing and sharing
them.

Joni

Sandy Licht
Phone: 409-898-8218