[bookport] Re: Firmware Beta 2.1.0.1 Available

  • From: "Walt Smith" <WSmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:51:00 -0400

Move File

While using Book Port, you may occasionally find you wish to move a file
from one folder to another. You may have accidentally placed the file
into an incorrect folder, or you may realize after reading the book,
that you would like to keep the book around for reference purposes.

Cut File: *+#

Use the Cut File command to mark a file that you wish to move. When you
press the Cut File command, Book Port responds, "Move" and takes note of
the location of that file in preparation for the next steps you will
take to complete the moving process.

If you attempt to cut a file that is locked, the unit reports, "File
Locked" and does not put the file's name and location information into
its location
memory.

Pase File: *+0+#

Once you have used the Cut File command to mark a file for movement, use
the navigation keys to open the folder where you wish to place the file
you marked. Once you move to the desired folder, use the Paste File
command to move the file from its origital location to the new location.
When you press the Paste File command, Book Port moves the file and
responds, "File Moved."

Note that you cannot move files from the Notes folder.