[bookport] File filter not found for this file type?

  • From: "Billy Littlejohn" <blittlejohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookport Help" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2006 00:23:15 -0500

Hey, Guys!

Okay, my girlfriend and I are both Bookport users and lovers, but she has been having a problem downloading podcasts, and getting a particular error message. I am going to paste her question here in her own words, and you guys can fire away! Thanks in advance!

"...I continue to get error messages that say "File filter not found for this
file type".

I am downloading podcasts, using Juice, and they are being deposited into
the "pending" file as per the Book Port User's Guide.

After the podcast has been downloaded, I use the Book Port Transfer software
while the book port is connected.  The Queue Management program loads and
offers to send the queued files to the device.  When I click on "send now",
I get the error.

Some of the files will play through Media Player, some will not.  Among the
podcasts to which the error applies is the Blind Cool Tech podcast.  These
are supposed to be MP3 files, yet the software behaves as if this is not a
standard file format.

Solution?  More details follow:

what I don't get is why Media Player will play the MP3, but the Queue
Manager will not permit the transfer to happen on the Book Port.  the file
stays in the queue forever, and at one point, until I deleted, I had over
fifty podcast files stuck in the queue because of the error message.  the
files simply would not transfer to the Book Port device.

You might think that since the Blind Cool Tech podcast is out of APH (American Printing House), they
might have an idea.

I've tried sending the files to the book port as music, I've changed
players, I've tried sending the file through other means, etc.  Nothing
works.  Until I delete the file from the queue, it will not transfer to the
book port.

I need to find an answer to this, because it makes no sense.

If you have time, will you check into this for me?

Thank you, honey..."

Uh, guys, uh, that last part was for me... just so you will keep that straight! (smile) Thanks again... you guys are great!

Speak soon,

Billy Littlejohn
Phone: 901-624-0202
Email: BLittlejohn (at) midsouth.rr.com
Website: http://www.BlindOffers.com (Coming Soon!)
"Every offer I make is a 'blind' offer!"

seeing people towards them."
-- Helen Keller, 1925