[bookport] File experiment test second message

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bookport" <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 09:55:44 -0600

I stated in a previous message that sending txt files to the book port
was the quickest method I have found.  Of course, this doesn't
consider daisy files and other files that contain markup.  People on
the list are correct.  If you translate these files to txt, you will
miss the formatting you need to be able to jump to sections of the
file in the ways designed into the Daisy format.  I was restricting my
comments to files that were not marked up in these ways and just
trying to give people some simple guidelines for transferring these
files.

Neal Ewers
Trace Research and Development Center
608-263-5485