[bookport] Re: Defragmenting the compact flash card

  • From: "Gary Wunder" <gwunder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 07:51:16 -0600

The only reason to defragment as I understand it is to keep the
heads of your disk from having to travel back and forth to get
your material. Since there are no moving heads, I can't see where
fragmentation would make any difference on a flash card. Unless
you are experiencing slowness I'd forget about defragmenting or
formatting.