[bookport] Converting video files to audio

  • From: "Grant Hardy" <grant_r_hardy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2005 12:31:14 -0700

Hi All,

I want to send a few .avi files that I have (which are video files) to the Book Port. Obviously, the transfer software doesn't support sending video files. I'm only interested, of course, in hearing the audio of these files, so I'm wondering if someone knows of a good program (preferably free) for converting .avi files into .mp3 files for use with the Book Port. I should add, too, that I'd prefer not to have to simply record the audio output through a sound card in real-time. Thanks for any tips.

Grant