[bookport] Re: Compression

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:30:21 -0500

Time compression is the process of making a file play faster without
changing the pitch. Pause compression is the process of shortening
pauses in a narration to effectively make a file play faster. With pause
compression, the file doesn't sound faster unless you use an aggressive
setting. It is really time compression where most of the work is done.

Rob Meredith

>>> brailler@xxxxxxxxxxx 03/17/05 10:21PM >>>
What is time or pause compression? What does it do to a file?
Sharon

compression,