[bookport] Checking the details was Re: Re: bookport Page Formatting in Word

  • From: "Roy Pfeiffer" <r.pfeiffer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 21:01:33 -0400

Nolan, I'm really needing this on some reference material, so thanks for your response.

Now for the details:

1. I have not yet been able to find the ANSI character you mention, but will continue to search with google. If you have a character which you have proven works, I would like to use it.

2. I am assuming such an ANSI character as you used would be stripped from a .doc file transferred by Book Port, but not from a .txt file. Therefore, I intend to save the word file as one of the types of .txt files, then place the ANSI character on the same line and in front of the test which gives the number of each page of the file.

At the moment, it seems that, among the changes to the firmware currently being requested, useful page finding capability should have a high priority. If others agree, please let your wishes be known.

Roy
----- Original Message ----- From: "Nolan Crabb" <ncrabb@xxxxxxxxx>