[bookport] Changing the Book Port

  • From: "Sharon" <afinchum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 23:38:24 -0400

I for one bought my Book Port in order to read text. One of the wonderful
things about is it's small size, as well as, it' smooth reading capability .
It does everything I expected and more. It's MP3 function is quite adequate
in my opinion. The problems with things such as progression of files were
fixed. The addition of file types such as: (.html) and (doc.) have increased
our ability to read additional files without converting them. If adding more
sophisticated MP3 functions would drastically increase the price or size, I
would strongly object. The price, even though it was possible for me, was
beyond many people.  There could be upgrades for a fee. They could be added
at a cost. This would allow the  basic Book Port to remain within reach for
many of our community. I for one, would not like to see any more of our
community excluded from this wonderful tool, in order to allow for all of
the bells and whistles.
On another subject, I see no reason for removing the file lock feature
unless you need the space for something else. Now, you might consider
placing the record function in it's spot: which would make it more difficult
to activate it.

Make it a great one

Sharon