[bookport] Re: Book marks in RFBD documents

  • From: "ROB MEREDITH" <rmeredith@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 10:07:37 -0400

Jim:

This is normal. Unfortunately, many RFB&D books do not have a low
enough noise floor for the phrase detection algorithm to lock on to. As
a result, attempting to move by sentence will move buy 1 minute or so.
When you set a mark, you are marking the start of the most recent
sentence, thus the problem.

Rob Meredith

>>> jim_king@xxxxxxxxxxxx 04/04/05 05:08PM >>>
When I set a book mark in a RFBD DAISY book, the mark always takes me
to the
beginning of a section or sub-section.  I cannot use the go to book
mark
command to go to the place where I wanted the mark to actually be
placed.
Often there is a significant amount of reading before I hear the part
of the
book I really need to review.  In other words, the mark seems to be
placed
somewhere in front of the place where I expect it to be placed.

Any feedback?

Jim King